How much weight should you gain by 5 weeks pregnant?Weight gain during pregnancy is dependent on the week of pregnancy you are in.
At 5 weeks of pregnancy, you should increase your weight in the range:
During the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman can gain from 0.5 kg to 2 kg (1-4 lbs).
It happens that some women at this stage of pregnancy, instead of gaining weight, lose weight.
This is usually due to frequent nausea and vomiting. However, the weight loss should not be more than 2 kg (4 lbs).
In the second and third trimesters, weight should gain faster, about 0.5 kg (1 lbs) per week.
Weight gain at the end of pregnancy consists of...
- ca. 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs) - baby weight
- ca. 1-1.5 kg (2.2-3.3 lbs) - uterus
- ca. 1-2 kg (2.2-4.4 lbs) - breast 😄
- ca. 1-1.5 kg (2.2-3.3 lbs) - amniotic fluid
- ca. 0.5-1 kg (1.1 - 2.2 lbs) - placenta
- ca. 1.5-2 kg (3.3 - 4.4 lbs) - blood and additional fluids
- ca. 2-4 kg (4.4-8.8 lbs) - additional fatty tissue