How much weight should you gain during pregnant?
A pregnant woman gains weight in different ways. A woman can gain weight gradually, or she could gain it quickly.
The average weight gained per week is usually between 0.5 and 1 kg (1-2 pounds).
Pregnancy weight gain per week, varies depending on her pre-pregnancy weight and time of pregnancy.
A normal healthy pregnant woman will typically gain about one pound (0.5 kg) each week from the beginning of the second trimester to the end of the third trimester.
During the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman can gain from 0.5 kg to 2 kg (1-4 lbs).
It happens that some women at this stage of pregnancy, instead of gaining weight, lose weight.
This is usually due to frequent nausea and vomiting. However, the weight loss should not be more than 2 kg (4 lbs).
In the second and third trimesters, weight should gain faster, about 0.5 kg (1 lbs) per week.
Weight gain at the end of pregnancy consists of...
- ca. 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs) - baby weight
- ca. 1-1.5 kg (2.2-3.3 lbs) - uterus
- ca. 1-2 kg (2.2-4.4 lbs) - breast 😄
- ca. 1-1.5 kg (2.2-3.3 lbs) - amniotic fluid
- ca. 0.5-1 kg (1.1 - 2.2 lbs) - placenta
- ca. 1.5-2 kg (3.3 - 4.4 lbs) - blood and additional fluids
- ca. 2-4 kg (4.4-8.8 lbs) - additional fatty tissue